Sunday 11 October 2009

shock horror housework


Idly reading Mat Hiltons site concerning his current work, I was struck by the emphasis on sweeping his studio in the mornings and engaging with the calm and contemplative rhythm of the action.
It dawned on me that a lot of energy is wasted in crossing my atelier as it has become an obstacle course. I haven't cleaned it in three years, possibly more. Can't even see the floor, let alone sweep it.

Bearing in mind also that Autumn is the time for new beginnings, with Kellys help a load has been binned. It hasnt actually been cleaned but you can see a lot of the floor now and I have hopes for a calm start to each day.

Here is this mornings sunrise from the field at the back of the house -

The market this morning was awash with friends and gossip though nothing publishable.

I myself had a blameless Saturday night - after eating with Ian I watched channel 3 TV, a brill french
detective movie called les courriers de la mort.
Left it to walk dogs with Annie,Pete and Di, that is to
say Tech, Lily and Jenny -
I got back late in time for the denouement, so I know
who did it but not why.

Anyone else see it? Enlighten me?

3 comments:

vanilla beer said...

My studio and Bacons differ only in that mine is bigger...
will look out for the DVD for you. Sounds good. I think its the light here that makes movies so memorable, I recall chunks in ways that angloamerican stuff cant touch - studio lighting? Oh and also the writing, acting, producing, whatever -

vanilla beer said...

PS Daniel, wanted to say Ive been trying to put cheery remarks on your blog but don't get the system. Nothing important, anyway. Can I link to you yet?

peacockpie said...

Strange... mine should have exactly the same system as yours, but I'll check the permissions. Comments would always be welcome anytime. You can link if you like, but don't forget I am going to continue provocative and X-rated so may shock gentler readers :)