Thursday 29 October 2009

Mock not...

I come from a culture that has been shaped by people thinking
that bread and wine can be made into the flesh and blood of a
Palestinian Jew who may or may not have lived some 2,000
years ago so I am loathe to take the mick out of other peoples'
belief systems.

-In Tilling we have a fair gamut.

There are The People that Smoke Dope; The People that are
Waiting for the Giant Reptiles; and the General New-Agers,
broadly divided into Thaumaturgists, Witches, Sorcerers,
Healers, Divinators (including crystal danglers, necromancers,
astrologers and etc). With their range of practices, eating
shibboleths and rituals they provide esoterically minded people
with endless food for thought.

Seeing someone we all know from the first category coming out
of Tilling Town Hall yesterday, (Faiant, anag.) I asked what
was happening in his life.

He had been to the Mayor to complain about being bombarded
by strange mind-bending gasses that are sprayed over Tilling
by small airplanes.

I have heard other People who Smoke Dope on this subject and
they are united in their belief that the Government - which one
is unknown - are squandering taxpayers money by building
and flying airplanes loaded with etc etc.

My informant had a new slant. He tells me that they are spraying
clouds of Aluminum in an attempt to halt global warming.

He was working in Rouvenac when a cloud of these Aluminum
flakes surrounded him and he is coughing them up ever since,
hence his complaint to the Mayor.

I was charmed by the resemblance to the medieval myths of the
Virgin being encompassed by a cloud of little white flames as a
symbol of her conception by the Holy Spirit. How these myths
mutate; but I digress.

What, I hear you cry, did the Mayor say?

Unfortunately the Mayor was busy but his Adjunct saw our
friend. He told him it was something to do with the weather.

Alors; it clearly was up to me to go and see what is happening
in the heavens above Tilling. If my mind hasn't been too bent
already.
So off up the mountain this afternoon, and here is what I saw;
Now I don't know what you see but I see a spaceship in the middle
of a galactic battle. If you magnify the picture you can see the grey
cloud where the projectile has hit the ship before falling and
(presumably) crashing.














And here is one of the blue spirits generally assumed to be aliens
but zoom in and you can see little wiggly things, some with faces -
perhaps alien helpers?
Finally I think we can take heart. This last image has hope in it;















it shows clearly the mask of Zorro.

2 comments:

writing and other stuff said...

The top photo, we had them in our garden. crash-landed at 5.30 a.m, bits of weaponry, plastic and green reptile parts all over my front flower bed. Bloody cross I was, took me ours to pick all the bits up.
The last picture I would say was the word TAX, a final reminder by the local authorities. either that or 2705, which most lizards in our rockery reckon to be the date when it really will be...the end. Well just time to put the kettle on then.

vanilla beer said...

Have you thought of putting the bits up for sale on ebay? People buy all sorts there. I was thinking of selling some of the red earth thats been stained by the blood of Jesus and chips from that nice white outcrop by Alet where M. Magdelene is buried. All a question of packaging - and finding out how to work ebay -