Tuesday 13 October 2009

end of the world not coming - its official

According to Apolinario Chile Pixtun, a Guatelmalan Mayan
elder, the end of the world is not nigh after all.

Anyone called Apolionario Chile Pixtun has authority and gets
my vote.

Those who have been packing their bags to enter the shelters in
2012 may as well not bother. And its in the Telegraph today,
so it must be true.

It was the Mayan calender - misunderstanding of - that
started the rumour in the first place though it seems there may
be something landing at about that time so maybe the lizard-folk
of these parts are right after all (they expect Mount Bugarach
either to hatch, revealing the lizard civilization within, or for the
12ft high lizards from Betelgeuse to land there.)

On a saner note, Annie put me on to this: Foutaises by Jean-Pierre
Jeunet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2RfTPc6hEc

3 comments:

Eddie Castellan said...

Hi Nilz,

did you see my bit on conspiracy theorists?

luv, Ed

vanilla beer said...

Wotcha Eddie
I certainly did and enjoyed it very much though it didn't go far enough. Clearly the class of dingbat in Fa is as nothing compared to Tillings crop - though most of my info I got from Rennes les Bains while exhibiting there. I thought artists were crazy - blimey, the folk that wandered through the door were 5 star.
Haven't seen you for an age, are you off saving the planet then?

vanilla beer said...

- and while I remember - hoist by your own leotard!!!!! Still makes me laugh -