Thursday 8 October 2009

Putting out our Kat

Kat left this morning to go to Greenwich (London) for five weeks
to go on a course. Naturally we gave her a send-off.

Toby arranged dinner for about a dozen of us with a few
contributions from the participants. Mine own was dead mens'
fingers' pie which went down very well (the secret is to always
use fresh ingredients.) Ian produced his legendary spinach pie.
There was more from others of which I remember chiefly Annies
salad ...

Toby did something marvellous with a chicken and lemon; Thai
inspired. Yum.

And there was much laughter with the squirty cream and jelly.

Nobody hardly drank anything oh no hohoho honest.

The night was balmy enough for us to eat in the garden and since
the camera has no flash - I dunno why, am I a techie?? - my
photies are but black.

Alors, a late night. When I woke at my customary pre-dawn
time I thought the sound of bees swarming was in fact bees
swarming -these things happen - but it turned out to be rain.
Forgotten what rain sounds like. Didn't last, the sunshine is
gloriously back, so it wont have helped the land much.

Off to market, I found our Kat waiting for her lift to the airport...




We'll miss you!!!








But life must go on- so there were six ladies at the lunch Louise
cooked in Kats absence, Sue from Fa, Mrs Scottish Dave, Yvonne,
Toby, me and Lou herself. Stonking delicious.

At least Kat will loose some weight in London, though she doesn't
need to. I shall have to find some sort of diet or just stop going out-
won't be able to waddle up the mountain soon.
Here is lovely Louise, grafting over a hot oven to ensure that I stay
upholstered like the middle-aged matron I seem to resemble.
Brilliant lunch and over far too soon - I blame Andy and Jon for
coming back - thanks Lou!

No comments: