Friday 25 September 2009

Orange curse

The spate of suicides at Orange/Francetelecom are nothing to
do with me. I have not cursed them. I mean, its only a phone;
its only the line to my dear old mother and the handful of
family and friends that don't use the internet, its only the line
that commissions would come in on if I ever got commissions.

Its only been down a month. I've only wasted a total of about
15 hours so far, waiting for them either on a friends phone or
at the house or, like today, after an hours bus and train trip to
get to their showroom, then to hang around Carcassonne
before being able to come home.

Like I say, I haven't cursed them and I wish them no harm.

But my 'bonne appetit' - after I was told by the Orange
salesman that I should get another provider - was very ironic.

So what server does anyone know that is reliable? I have to
give up on Orange, I've run out of ideas.

Then again, an optician took half an hour to extract and
replace the broken bit of my glasses and refused to charge me.
Kindness indeed.

Tonight is the start of our Fete!
California are playing, oh god not again...
do you know, they have been together for 30 years? That our
commune pay 5 grand every year for them? That no-one has
ever met anyone who likes them?

There are those that are complaining that the mayor is forking
out 3 grand of our increased taxes for fireworks, but at least
that'll be over quickly.

The only other startling news - wait for it - is that it isnt raining.
Everyone knows that it rains on the fete of St Michel.

- Though it aint over yet.

No comments: