Sunday 6 September 2009

Le weekend


Whats the point of having a Daddy who used to do TV if you cant
blog him?
Here is my old Dad, aged 14 (ish)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yNJPkdtYo

I have been away for the weekend with Robin, my childhood
chum and his wife, Brenda. Excellent! Of the many good fun
things we did, the expo this morning continues to glow in what
is left of my consciousness.

Valérie Favre is the artist; it is at the Carré d'Art in Nimes.
Sort-of Luc Tuyman-esque, but not. Her series on suicide
are, ahem, to die for. The video of 40 retired persons and a
dwarf dancing is mesmerising and far more - it'll be on the net
somewhere, properly called
Choreographie fur Hellerau fur Rentner und einem Zwerg
I'd check it out and post a link but I'm knackered.

Just before leaving a letter from Barbara arrived from far-flung
Vermont; took a miraculous short 4 days to get here.

She writes of hearing Wolf Kahn speaking at the Brattleboro
Museum. I'm sure she wont mind me listing some of the quotes
she lifted from him ...

"...It is important to be ignorant. Innocence of spirit is
essential. Expertise is the enemy of ignorance. The special artist
must have a capacity for spontaneity.... arrogance, deceit and
disrespect are necessary. One gets further without modesty.
Colour is liberating, the essence of innocence, it moves one into
the world of the imagination"

Its a great letter. If you are passing come and check it out.

No comments: