Wednesday 2 September 2009

Iains news...

At last, contact from the frozen north. Iain, do come and stay
and tell Msr Hall and our other friends to as well.
Its so quiet without you*sniff. [editor pulls herself together..]

Iain has this to say for himself:

We are in the middle of the Edinburgh Festival which has been
great so far. Been to lots of concerts and going to another 5.
The big exhibition this year is titled Spain, Goya to Picasso
but I'm going to leave that until after the festival crowds have
left. Even if there was no street theatre or acres of posters I'd
still know that it was the festival as it has pissed with rain
relentlessly.
To be fair it didn't wait for the festival to start, it has been
chucking it down for weeks. Reading about other parts of the
country with brilliant sunshine and lusting after the sun in
other climes proves to me that I have settled back into Scottish
life. The saddest part is that once the festival is finished it
almost seems that autumn is here and then its the long
darkness till spring(ish)time.
I had intended to be more advanced in the garden but the
weather has not permitted that. The house is nearlyish
finished but it is still like living on a building site which would
be fine if they were an attractive bunch but alas, no. We have
about 17 or 18 men working here fairly regularly and you
would think that there would at least be a little eye candy.
I am going to a fringe show or two this evening with Stephen
McGowan and I 'm hoping that la Hall will be able to come along.
I don't see much of him at the moment as he is always working.
Stephen McGowan is having his medical today which will be his
final hurdle allowing him to fly off to Australia at the end of
December. I am happy for him but I will miss him.
I hope you are well and are able to cope with all that warmth
and sunshine.


No comments: