Monday 24 January 2011

pump it up

Huge excitements this morning; never a dull moment here.

Captain H in his quest for perfect recycling has fitted a pump,
so that my bathwater goes out through a hole in the window to
a large tank. (This inhibits my use of rare unguents, sadly)
This morning the pump gave up pumping out of the window and
squirted all over the bathroom at force - how I laughed!

After redrying myself and cleaning the bathroom, I checked the
tank.
--The outside hose was frozen solid.
A flaw in the design? Certainly something wrong with the
weather.

2 comments:

gabriele gray said...

If you're going to use the gray water for the garden, you could add plain epsom salts to the bath water---some plants (peppers, especially) love magnesium.
When I lived in the country (Northern California) I used to give my pepper plants extra magnesium (yes, from the salts) and they really flourished.
Of course the epsom salts are great for relaxing sore/tight muscles (yours, not the plants)...
maybe there are other minerals (inexpensive) that would be nice for you and good for the garden too...

vanilla beer said...

Brilliant! -Now to find the french for epsom salts...