Sunday 2 January 2011

first day of the new decade

For the past few years we have celebrated the first day of the
year by going to the coast with Steve and friends; this year their
absence made it impossible. Decided to have a dinner instead.
Below is the Captain and Stan. I was too busy failing to cook to
remember taking other photos.
So you dont get to see Mike and Hilary or Debs and Jim.
Nor the unfortunately pink chicken kiev.


Clearing up this morning was a meditative affair. We have a
large collection of stolen plates which I enjoyed considering as
I packed the dishwasher: a plate from Nel left from recent apple
cake; a plate from Steve left from his last visit; a red mixer bowl
(Angus and Marys?) and a cherry-painted plate from my
birthday; a pretty blue one that I think was Claudio's biscuit plate;
Annies bread board;a cream oven-proof dish; and others.

Souvenirs of a long and merry year.

-In case this is baffling you should know that in Tilling it is not
unusual to take some food to a friend whilst visiting and it is
generally the custom to get your plate back afterwards. It seems
to be my custom not to return them.

If one of yours is here, please let me know and I will endeavor
to part with it.

No comments: