Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year


Happy New Year and Bonne Sante, as they say in Tilling....



Captain and I saw in the new year at Rennes-les-Bains, where
a small but perfect group of charmers gathered to help
celebrate the birth of Sophia, Will and Marvi's first born.
.

Marvi was fast asleep :))after two days without rest so we
didn't actually get to see her or the baby, but Will joined us
periodically and we basked in his new-fatherhood aura.(thats his arm sticking out behind the pillar)
Trebha was master of ceremonies and sorted the food and
fireworks, the dear heart - which reminds me, I'm a premature
baby and it is to this that I attribute my obsessive punctuality -
indeed Im early for everything. Wills birth was premature and
he too is obsessively early. Trebha chirped up that he arrived
before his time and is also punctual, at which everyone who
knows him burst out laughing - it seems that he is deluded in
this respect.
There followed some very disrespectful imitations of Trebha
in the morning.

This new camera is wonderful or will be when I read the
instructions.



2 comments:

writing and other stuff said...

Like the new camera, I wonder if you will read the instructions...I think it was on my list of N.Y R last year!
Happy new year x

vanilla beer said...

Im begining to know why. You have to download a disc to get the instructions and then print it if you have attention deficit probs with screens. And being out of printing ink of course - does anyone ever get to grips with these things/