Monday 2 May 2011

Iains birthday today

Our own Iain - who used to live in the road by the post office in Tilling - has a birthday today. He has settled in Edinburgh, seems a strange notion after his life here, but hes happy which is of course the main thing.
Here are edited highlights of his last letter:

'- I’m settled here now and frankly very happy. It is odd though. I’ve never lived on my own before. I’ve always had others living with me or I’ve been living with others so it’s an entirely new dynamic. I have to make more effort and I’ve not quite mastered that yet. Once I get home I tend to have something to eat, potter about in the garden, do my mail and once all that is done I rarely can be bothered going back out. I thought about joining an Am Dram group but the ones that I approached were all putting on farces. I didn’t like Brian Rix 40 years ago and sure as hell don’t like his sort of stuff now so I suspect I’ll give it a miss.

The 86 year old woman who lives in the house opposite me says she would like to move as it’s too quiet here with not enough excitement. Personally I find the quiet absolutely perfect and the excitement is a short walk into town
.'

Birthday fun to you Iain and come visit soon xxxxxx

No comments: