Sunday 26 September 2010

Claudines birthday party



Here is the birthday girl engaged in a stately Malagasy dance with
her brother, who had flown in from Benin.
We had an unforgettable evening.

Claudine had arranged for us to be collected from the hotel and
driven to the party, which was bizarrely in a high-security salle
de fete, electronic barriers and passwords needed ("les amis de
Claudine
")Turned out to be the workplace of Claudines daughter.




During the apero various
young persons entertained
us, singing, rapping and
generally being
adorably talented.


The meal, which was Madagashie throughout, was for 100-plus
people and delicious and since I was one of the few drinkers on
our table I managed to steadily down a deal of wine.

I guess this is why I'm a bit hazy on the order of events after this.
There was more singing - below is a famous Madagascan singer-
more dancing, birthday cake and our driver drove us back to the
hotel leaving the party in full swing.



I imagine it went on till late; Captain H and I cant cope like we
used to -

mille mercies à Claudine xxxxxxxxx

No comments: