Monday 24 March 2008

easter review

Woken at 9.00 by the Carnival band, processing past the impasse, and put to bed by them at midnight doing the same. They wear the traditional white frock over black clothes and a bowler hat, paint their faces white and have a painted on black eye apiece. Don't ask, I dunno.
Hall and I bumped into them coming from the market (kind Mr Hall was taking buckets of wine to the needy) and we got fleeced of our change. Naturally we assumed this was a charitable endeavor but later it seemed that the charity in question was to fund the troups excessive drinking.

The Captain and I lunched extremely well at Alison and Martins and then dined to excess with Peter and Annie. The photos show our friends either looking manic or daft, as is the way with high-octane events .
I particularly enjoyed the bit when Iain carelessly asked the distinction between the Nag Hamedi Library and the canonical gospels. I was still elaborating the finer points as they put my coat round me and bundled me into the snow.

Heres some great reading about the Tilling region -!
http://books.guardian.co.uk/digestedread/story/0,,2210123,00.html

And since all my photies of last night are rubbish, heres one of some art...


No comments: