Wednesday 12 October 2011

news update

Roger has gone on to Amsterdam where I join him tomorrow for a conference - all will be quiet here for a week, alas. The weather is so beautiful and life such a delight that I'm seriously wondering how to perfect bilocation.
Captain arrives as I go; we miss each other. Bad planning all round.

News from Toby, at last:) She writes
'I am fine in bloody hot, messy and dusty India. Have been here for 3 weeks now and started working in my preschool. To morrow start another project; will talk about it in the blog that Dave set up for me (www.tobyfrielink.com).
My MacBook is not working very well here; all windows around here. I hope to sort that out soon, so I can put up pictures of all the festivals and ceremonies I was invited for. Lots of parties here, but without blanquette.
I am staying in www.doubledutchresort.com with a super pleasant lake in front of the house; 100 m walk. Will talk to you later when Mac is working again; maybe Mac is sad because Steve Jobs died. Who knows.'

Margaret and John return on the 21st for a measly 10 days, but better than nothing - and if memory serves Max is returning to the fold as well, as well as Bieke.

Any artists living hereabouts who want to share the costs of a model? A group meet every Monday 10-12 at the centre culturel and welcome newcomers. No tuition, bring your own kit. That is, drawing equipment...
Last Monday I was asking the model to pose with a broom as I'm working on a painting that needs that sort of information - she persisted in being baffled. Dawned on me, finally, that a broom is balai and I was asking her to sweep with a baleine - a whale. How we laughed.

The photo is of the moon this morning just before dawn. Photos don't do it justice.



No comments: