Sunday 5 July 2009

party, its my birthday again


Either by ill luck or superb planning, not sure which, I had a
nasty dose of what the french call le gastro on my birthday.
I had to spend the day in bed. Captain H and Poo were left
to get the party ready.


Above is Poo preparing hedgehogs for the feast.
And here am I, pale but soldiering on, in new blue shoes - next
to a very glamorous and healthy Aileen.





The party was very frisky, though I saw it as if through a
kaleidoscope what with being both ill and sober; folk seemed
jolly cheerful and drank and ate copiously. Pablo and Theo performed...

...and it was still proceeding in a disorderly direction when
I followed the already retired Captain to bed.



There was a deal of singing lead by either Debs or Mavis and
Ive ducked the neighbours today.

Thanks to Kate for the photos - I was too weak to point the
camera. And thanks to everyone who came - gastro aside, not
a birthday I'II forget.

No comments: