Sunday 12 July 2009

Im not one to namedrop but...


As everyone who knows me will affirm, I'm not one to namedrop.
I mean, have I even mentioned my letter from the Archbishop
of Canterbury, which is framed and on display in my print room?*

However, I had to share this -
in the photo above you will recognise David Whittaker, a guest
here but lately when he was researching my father, the
much-missed Stafford Beer; here he is with Brian Eno
whom I'm sure needs no introduction from me.

Eno is a fan of Stafford so when Arena, a British TV show,
asked to do a programme on Eno he asked that a Stafford
expert be in debate with him.

The photo shows David and Eno after filming a 2 hour
natter - I hope we get to see the out-cuts, David, can we get
hold of them??



*Viewable during work hours; it confirms that my thesis,
The Order of Signs: Esotericism in the Work of David Jones,
(1895-1974) is jolly good. As I'm sure you know, the A of C
is an admirer of Jones' work.

No comments: