Saturday 20 December 2008

trumpet blowing


As anyone who knows me will affirm,
I am a shy and retiring sort.

But when- yesterday - wrestling with a
moment of difficulty in a painting, I
threw a few darts and came up with the
above, I was sure the waiting world
would want to know.

2 darts in the 25 and one splitting a dart.
Rotten score but great style!

I showed the photo round at dinner in
Quillan with Annie and Pete and family
plus Peter G.; it seemed to me there was
a lack of appreciation.

Notwithstanding, the evening was terrific -
Annies cooking and company and the family
were entertaining and engaging, as ever.
Even their pets are fun!

2 comments:

peacockpie said...

I'll attest you throw a mean arrow, as I have often noticed down at the Little Bull!

vanilla beer said...

Thank you - I supposed hand-eye co-ordination and a certain determination was all it took, therefore all painters and possibly sculptors can do it easily. Plus they spend a surprising amount of time in pubs, where darts boards demand attention. Was Picasso a player, do we know? Watteau? Ingres?