Sunday 28 December 2008

PeterG Xmas

Peter's Chrismas report follows... anyone else want
to spill the beans on theirs? Please send!

From a general feeling that I have nothing better to
do, it was decided to have Crizy dinner here at no. 24.
I was delighted to get plenty of help from our friends
from the North - Joan (north USA) Ole-Bendik &Eileen
(Norway) and Katrina (Devon (northish)- in acquiring
and decorating a "Sapine de Noel".

[Plse imagine a beautiful xmas tree here -
unable to transfer image. Ed.]

The day itself started sedately with Blanquette at 2ish
then people started to arrive and much to my relief it
became not so sedate. I'm told that somebody even fell
off a chair, I don't think it was me. [I heard she was pushed,
Ed.]

The food was great thanks to Eileen, Joan and Katrina and
a surprise dish ( curried Moules ) from Stephan who I
vaguely remember talking to about poofs on motorbikes
but we both agreed that I was referring to straight poofs
not gay poofs (it made sense at the time). Jim, Ian, Ferren
plus 5 friends from the USA contributed much to the general
mayhem and later Father Christmas arrived with his wife
Annie, son Theo and one small reindeer ( don't mention
testicles).
And then some of us went for a walk.
Thanks everybody for making me and my house happy.
PeterG.

No comments: