Wednesday 3 December 2008

news and plans

Rowena is on the radio on Sunday at 9.30 -
a programme called Rue des Arts, on
www.rcf.fr103

Victoria and others are holding
La Petite Expo de Noel
at La Maison des Couleurs,
St Jean de Paracol on Friday 5th -15h - 18.30 h
which gives you time to get to Garths show at
Pecadille, 80 Rue Felix Armand in Quillan, 18h - 20h.
see www.pecadille.com

And a letter from Iain, edited highlights
from which are below;
We had a lovely night on saturday at Molly's
50th birthday party. Lots of people there including
Leo, Toby and Scottish Dave. Toby was up trying
her fancy footwork at Scottish country dancing.
Molly was looking radiant and rather glad to be 50
as indeed would I were I 50 again. It was about
minus six on the night of the party but the city was
awash with rich taxi drivers so all was well. Actually
the weather has been wonderful since I returned,
hardly any rain and lots of cloudless skies, perfect
for walking. I am about to go out and it is another
cloudless day although minus four.
Katrina arrives on Monday and is going to stay with
me in Burntisland.
Steve is taking the day off so it should be fun.
I can't believe that it's nearly Christmas.
I finally gave in and started to organise a family
Christmas here in Burntisland. I had asked Francis
what he was doing for Christmas and he informed me
that it was not him but us which actually meant me.
That means a group of about a dozen people with
whom I never sit down to eat at any other time,
eating food that I normally never prepare and
normally avoid eating. Ah well I suppose as I get
older the idea of a white bearded Caucasian clambering
down my chimney begins to seem better than no one
at all so perhaps it's not all bad.
I think Steve is trying to get out to Esperaza in
January. I think I am more likely to go skiing
but we shall see.

Give my love to all.



No comments: