Friday 26 September 2008

Tilling en fete # 2

After a terrific dinner with Pete and Annie,
Angus and Mary, we headed off to the square...
immediately caught by the Fecos who did the thing
with the confetti and the bra without which I feel
less of a woman. But they were on form: the band did their
melancholic tugging dirge with the doomed overtones
of glimmering joy, aaaaah; and the dancers were in some
cases doubly masked, causing my already befuddled brain
some further perplexity. I so regret forgetting the camera.

In competition with les Fécos were the remarkable band,
Calysta - I can hear their impressive bass line as I write -
frighteningly professional.

And battling with both were the noises and lights of the
fairground. Angus won a stuffed thing, possibly a cute rat,
which Mary rejected and gave to Annie who is taking it home
for the kitten Hades. Hopefully it shall be named Persephone.

Annie also sorted out why I have no electricity by hammering
at the EDF phone, long after I had given up - thank you thank
you Annie - and Lo! It seems I have not paid the bill. How to pay it,
aye, thats the next trick... I've never had a bill from them.
In the meantime the wind-up torch will light me to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

result!! Andrée rang the forces of darkness and they will reinstate the electrics tomorrow. Because its their error for not billing me they will not charge me for the last two years electricity. Would you adam and eve it! I'm stunned but happy.

Anonymous said...

Less so,the day after it would have been reconnected if they'd done what I thought they'd said they'd do, reconnect it on Monday. Now they say they'll do it by the 6th Oct. Another week without electricity. Bought some red candles.

Anonymous said...

Finally - when I was in Andorra having a good time - EDF got let in by Ian and reconnected me. Nelika gave me a new bedside light of great splendor. All is good. My grateful thanks to Annie, Andrée, Ian and Nel.