Wednesday 17 September 2008

Harrods and the docks

Engaging sign by the old docks near Greenwich,
now not even a play area...

Harrods, however, wence
I ventured after getting fitted for proper underwear,
seemed the playground of persons beyond sanity.





Innocent victims??? Perhaps the sculptor is
being referred to, someone who had been told that
Dodi was a foot taller than Diana and that surfing
with seagulls is cool.
A fathers grief lacks the class of a major tragedy
when it has an easy platform.
Still, I guess the shoppers princess would have loved it.

*** All of which is gracelessness on my part. I tried to get
funding for a huge pyramid made of crushed, cubed cars
scratched with the names of human road deaths of living memory
which number a deal more than the last two European war deaths.
I wanted to set it in toxic land on the site of a car factory in the
estuary - a place of pilgrimage for the families. Safe to light candles
on and for the homeless to shelter in.
Number of sponsors? Ha!

Something of a rant there, probably because it is so very good to
be back in France. I shall set about being calm tomorrow.
Where is everyone, whats been going on?

No comments: