Sunday 1 April 2012

90 big years


Professor Spencer Brown, author of Laws of Form and genius mathematician - or magician, depending on his mood - is 90 tomorrow. Above is a study I did for an unfinished portrait.

Which is by way of avoiding local news; I'm still knackered, unfairly, since Ive been mostly abstemious . Last night I was eating with Max and Andrea and party at Normandy Frites while the Dutch and their party were at the Creperie and you could hear everyone all over Tilling- the T and C buses were still disgorging party goers long after midnight, also not silently. Market was crowded and sunny, full of delicate survivors of the night before.

Mercifully Claudine is here; a calming and charming presence. We did T Rex and Lukes bar...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks like Spike Milligan?
Penny.
x

vanilla beer said...

Lordy, I hope I haven't mixed up my studies - this looks quite unlike the other drawings for the portrait:)

Andres said...

Where does G. Spencer Brown live?
NOt in London?
Andres

Andres said...

It looks like Prof Spencer Brown