Thursday 3 November 2011

tresor public dontcha love'em

Merry afternoon in Limoux at the Tresor Public. following on from the merry morning yesterday ditto in Couiza. All because the powers-that-be have sent me a bill for something already paid and documented as paid. In Couiza they said, ooh voila une error and in Limoux they said, we shall annul this debt (=their mistake) But on Tuesday I have to go to Couiza to claim back the money they have taken from my account to cover their error.

OK I know. Paradise has its price. But without sweet darling Andree, her car and her calm, I would be an expense on the public purse in the psychiatric ward in Limoux.Here is an irreverent and deeply spooky photo of Knights Templar's up to not a lot.

Today Claudine turned up with tales of Madagascar - shes here for a brief visit - and tonight Max and Andrea took me to the Pierre Lys for dinner, which was totally brill. Vraiment. Salad with country ham and walnuts, delicious; duck, yum, with this'n'that including pastry shaped like a smiling moon; frommage, in my case a bucket of Roquefort which with red wine is the nearest I can recall to sex; lime sorbet, fresh, with calvados and blanquette.

Tomorrow I'm off to Albi.... today, its happy 110 birthday to Andre Malraux, famous for having a road in Tilling. Or an avenue, I forget.

2 comments:

gabriele gray said...

I know Andre Malraux because there's a cinema cultural place with his name in Mirepoix...(quite near a house I used to rent on holiday).
I remember reading Madame Malraux's autobiography and when she was writing about how he was in prison for something, she made the marvelous statement that 'they were saved by the Surrealists'...I don't remember the details but the images that statement conjured (and continues to conjure) up made it a very memorable book.
I really enjoy your blog...can't afford travel except through the eyes and words of others now...so thanks for sharing T-s-A with me...

vanilla beer said...

Thank you - how very kind of you. Love the idea of being saved by the surrealists; a dream indeed