Thursday 21 October 2010

bad blogger

Its not that I forget my camera, its that I forget to use it...

so yesterdays drive with Hilary - direction Puivert to near
Mirapoix - goes unrecorded and it was beautiful. You'll just
have to imagine snow capped mountains, rolling forested hills
dappled with sunlight looking like a kids drawing - marvelous.

The evenings extravaganza was at Le Cantou with Adrian and
Maggie and Leo. We started with a Blanquette apero at mine
and moved on to the good local red with our pretty good meal.
Le Cantou is still good value. We each had the 15 euros meal
and all were pleased.
Le chocolate mousse au maison is enough for me but I managed
the onion soup and salmon with red pepper corns as well.
And a certain amount of red wine.

Adrian and Maggie had had nightmare journeys too-and -from
Nice, caught in the strike action.
They'd just got back and were knackered, full of stories of
their voyages.

This morning, remembering that I shouldn't eat cheese at night,
the market beckoned... in an attempt to escape work and my
ringing head and dodgy tummy - oh la, that cheese - I followed
the call.

There Dermot told me that Kate had been Kayaking -???- and
done her back in.
Msr Charlie had the wild boar I'd ordered -dead- and told me
that if my guests couldn't get here because of the strike, to
freeze it.
Pascal told me that if the government didn't alter the pension
reform legislation he would end up on the street. (Hes a stone
cutter, there is no work, he cant get dole, has no pension)

Everybody complained of the cold.

Back home, Peter G came round with the newly arrived
beautiful Nel. Both radiantly well.

Later on, in the sunshine, I met Debs - who had done her knee
in hydrofoiling in the Aude- Edith, whose adorable girl Tita has
announced her pregnancy- Vivienne, who is looking masses
better after her illness- Stan, who doesn't mind being painted
as a nude cellist .
'OMG You've got that French hair disease', he said, which is
an improvement on 'you've dyed your hair red'-

Visited Kate with biscuits understanding that she was
paralyzed but pleased to say she was out, presumably better
- thence to Andy and Lou where all was calm and Lou was
crocheting a baby blanket in lilac. Baby due 9th Dec., gender
as yet unspecified.

Finally had to do some work.


My weekend guests are braving the strike. Dear Allenna has
rung from Lyons - can't get to Toulouse - and heading for
Montpelier, hoping to find somewhere to spend the night,-
should get here tomorrow.

So should Toby, flying back from Amsterdam.

Bob and the London end, Claer, Rick and Jack, should get here
tomorrow afternoon.
Beds are made up, wild boar is simmering in a red wine sauce
Andree's cauliflower and banana soup is ready to slay 'em.

Life is an adventure, eh.

No comments: