Thursday 28 January 2010

other things to do on the long winters' nights




Kat took me to a huge brocante in Carcassonne yesterday where
I bought a really bad painting in a good frame. Thought I could
overpaint and set about stripping, unprepared for the fact that
acrylic had been painted over primer which had been drawn on,
on top of oil. Strange. And hard to remove.

So I photographed it here, mid process - nice - and then cut it off
and restretched.
Fear that whatever I do on it will not be as interesting.

3 comments:

writing and other stuff said...

Think you should have preserved it for mankind....or possibly added a new layer each night for the rest of winter...show us the final result!

vanilla beer said...

still got the original or whats left of it but its too 'strong' for me - shall I bring it to you next Sat?? There are holes in the linen too, though mendable -

writing and other stuff said...

Oui, avec plaisir ma belle!!