Sunday 1 November 2009

They have their exits and their entrances...

Last night was the farewell dinner for Liz and Frank; Jill and
Tony, Andrée and me at Le Cantou. I can't believe I forgot to
take a camera -! but they are not going till Friday. Once the
packing starts in earnest they are moving to Roy and Jo's so
I plan to catch them there, or perhaps at this mornings market.

It was a very good night, finishing at Andrées for a glass too
many. Great fun for me because today I stop the booze for
the whole of November - to get fit for the Christmas abuse -
and now I have enough in my system to get me through the
first few days.

There are so many movements going on here - what is the
matter with everyone? Restless spirits all...

Bieke has gone but will be back soon with her husband on the
16th for a couple of days.

Aileen and Ulla B are back from Normandy. She writes:
...Very ragged in the edges by now. And still I
have to drive to Tour and back on monday &
tuesday to recuperate a broken down trailer.
Hoping there will be some windows in by the
time I get back.

Biz and Mick have gone to New Zealand, will be back in spring.
They write...
See you next year m'dear. We look forward to it
greatly.
Do NOT want to go.
Leo goes next week as does Nelike.
Pete and Annie I refuse to talk about.
Adrian and Maggie are gone.
Stephen is in Zurich.

Kat gets back with the Captain on the 11th...
A few words from darkest London. Its grey and
drizzly
today but it has been sunny most of
the time and not
too cold.
Only one week to go!!!!! Last week was hard
did a bad
teaching on Monday but thank goodness
Fridays class went
well. Its hard to feel
positive when that happens but
it all worked
better later.
Loads of work for the weekend just
taking a break now
between projects.
Then its revision for the exams.

Yuk!!to both.
Bob makes a mean apple crumble.
In fact he made 2 from
apples Helen had
picked from the garden. Lucky for me he

doesn't like waste and I didn't eat them
quick enough
and they were going off.
I hardly have time to cook so have been living
off
salads.
See you next Wednesday, Bob and I are on the
same flight.
Hope there are some wild parties
due I feel in need of
one or at least seeing
everyone. Miss you all.


And Iain gets in on the 8th, staying at mine till the 12th;
I am currently in very sunny Mallorca where
I have been
for about a month. I am thinking of
popping over to pay
you a visit on my way home.
I am going to Barcelona for
a concert and am
going to stay a few days. I thought I
might drive
up on sunday 8th. I fly back to Edinburgh
on 12th
from Gerona. Hope you will all be there and not

swanning off to wherever on a whatever.
Swann? Moi? Engaged in honest, sober toil more like.

No comments: