Wednesday 17 August 2011

Great Exchange


Everyone here knows the Book Lady in Quillan. Like an apparition she appears at the market every Wednesday, dispensing english books, DVDs, information and wisdom.

She is was who told me a good optician to go to and so I did. A few days ago my old glasses broke so Bob and I took a chance yesterday and went to see if my new glasses could be made quicker.

As I walked though the door the young optician gasped at me. She had just pressed 'send' on an email to me saying that my glasses were ready to collect.

----now I can see again I seem to have turned into my Grandmother, only with bad skin.

Round of applause for Book Lady who provides such a lovely service entirely without charge. What a saint.

Lots and lots has been going on but far to busy to chronicle. And it aint arf hot, phew.

No comments: