Saturday 16 April 2011

El of a night




Says it all, really -El is entering the wonderful world of grown-ups
with grace and beauty, style and panache -

Terrific party. I remember knighting Stuart but I'm not sure on
whose authority - my own, probably.




Before the party was the prize-giving among the artists at the
Toques et Clochers, held this year in Limoux; Victoria Milroy
won a major prize, a sack of money and a Jeroboam of blanquette.
(Not sure if it was a jeroboam actually- I just like the word,
sounds biblical - but its BIG)
Hurrah for Victoria!!!!

T and C have a WikiP page now so I wont try and attempt to
explain in again - this is the third year its been blogged, so see
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toques_et_clochers to try and
understand its role in our community.


Young Ezra, Kate and Marks boychild, also won a prize which is
a bit worrying - no-one wants their kid to take art as a career.
Lets hope it doesn't turn his head in that direction.

http://katehardy-hothouse.blogspot.com/ will doubtless carry
more info.

It was crowed inside so Matthew Hilton and his friend took to
the courtyard. There was talk of art and meaning...


... dear to my heart as I had spent the day in the top of the garage,
repacking 40 years of unsold paintings prior to their move to new
storage.
Hideously depressing though some sweet surprises, as in this
portrait of my old friend Frank B. Wright, painted in the 1980's
-Frank must be in his '90's now and is still painting and exhibiting.
Maybe he knows why. Must ask.

No comments: