Monday 2 August 2010

edinburgh news


Letter from Iain; nice to hear his dulcets and feel envy for this cultural
opportunities.

"Good afternoon from a cloudy but warm Edinburgh. ..
.. life is very pleasant as has been the weather and I am
looking forward to the festival. I'm going to about twenty concerts
and dance performances assuming there are tickets left.
I've not booked yet as from the 4th August old buggers like myself
can get half price tickets. An irresistible offer. There are loads of great
chamber recitals and I can usually find single tickets for those. Most of
my friends do not like these concerts so I go on my own which actually
makes things much easier. The only other person interested is Molly
and we are going to to few together. I had dinner with her at David
and Margarets on friday night which was a great laugh.
The big exhibition this year is called Impressionist Gardens which I
imagine is self explanatory but I will not visit that until after the festival
has ended and some of the hordes have left. The festival Fringe starts
next week with some 35,000 performances so there is bound to be lots
of fun to be had there. There's also the Book Festival, the Television
Festival and the Jazz Festival, tents are being erected in every spare piece
of park or waste ground. Makes finding a seat at a roadside cafe or bar
more problematic and the gardens are full but it's all really great fun.
Sadly my car failed its MOT so I'm busy looking for another.
It looks like I'll have to travel to find one as they all seem to be much
more expensive up here. Expensive, of course is all relevant as I've no
intention of spending more than £800. That seems expensive enough to
me I only paid £500 for the last one and it lasted me 20 months. For
£800 I expect a lifetime. If it were not for starting the business I would
not bother with a car. Steve has still got the same car we had in France
and it goes in for it's MOT next week but I expect it will pass. I think it
has done less than 2000 m since its last one.
I hope you are all well and still enjoying your garden. Have fun and stay
cool.
Love
Iain xxx"

No comments: