Monday 25 August 2008

Saturday in Carcassonne

I dunno why I thought a day in Carca would be quiet - it was Saturday, it was summer - but it hadn't occurred to me to check if there was a festival, nor to consider the possibility of bullfighting. Another failure of the imagination on my part.

They told me in the tabac that Les monstres de Zaballos - named after Miguel Zaballos, the breeder - were due out that evening. I got the train home again, nimbly avoiding girls in flamenco spotty frocks that had all the authenticity of shiny Dorothy Perkins creations. This backwards-looking nonsense is depressing.

Cheered by Pete and Claire deciding to have a scratch dinner and a throughly silly and engaging evening occurred, a good farewell for Tony and Noel-Anne who looked OK on Sunday at the market so they survived. Lots of sweet friends. Here is Toby looking glam...
.
Then Tony and Noel-Anne left, followed on Monday morning by Pete and Claire; come back soon everyone!
Actually not for a couple of weeks as I'm off on my hols and I won't be back till mid-September.

And my next show is in Amsterdam in November so get saving - final date when I know it. Being an artist is quite a good job sometimes.

No comments: